By: PNHS on
May. 03rd, 2017
HARRISBURG, PA – The Pennsylvania National Horse Show is pleased to announce the details of the 2017 horse show schedule. Held over ten days from October 12 through October 21, 2017, this year’s show will again be organized into a “Junior Weekend” and a “Senior Week”.
Here are highlights of the 2017 schedule:
Junior Weekend – October 12 - 15:
- Junior Hunters – Small and Large Younger, Small and Large Older; Small and Large 3’3”;
- Small, Medium and Large Pony Hunters;
- Neue Schule Junior Jumper Championships;
- Dover Saddlery/USEF Hunter Seat Medal Final.
Senior Week – October 16 – 21:
- Professional Hunter divisions to include High Performance Hunter, Green Hunter, Green Conformation Hunter, and Pre-Green Hunter;
- Hunt Night and Parade of Hounds and Ladies Sidesaddle Division;
- North American League Finals (NAL) in Adult and Children Hunters, Adult and Children Jumpers and Low Junior/AO Jumpers;
- Amateur Owner Hunters – Younger and Older 3’6”and Younger and Older 3’3”;
- Jumper Divisions to include U25, Amateur Owner, Open Jumper as well as the marquis classes Dash for the Cash, PA Big Jump, and Keystone Classic.
- On Saturday evening, October 21, the show concludes with the Prix de Penn National Presented by the Lindsay Maxwell Charitable Fund.
Friday, October 20 will also mark the second annual “Foundation Friday” at the Horse Show – a day dedicated to highlighting the work of the PNHS Foundation which provides funding grants for equine therapy and rescue groups. The afternoon schedule includes two Therapeutic Riding Championship classes for qualified riders as well as the “Foundation Therapy Horse of the Year” award. The “Official” prize list will be available on line at www.PAnational.org .
“We have worked hard to create a schedule that should keep the action in the ring running smoothly while providing a great opportunity for competitors to showcase their equine partners,” said Peter Doubleday (left) and Ralph Alfano (far left), Co-Managers of the Pennsylvania National Horse Show.
The Pennsylvania National Horse Show Foundation, a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt non-profit organization, provides support for therapeutic riding and equine rescue programs. The Foundation makes grants exclusively for charitable and educational purposes to acquaint, teach and train the public in therapeutic equestrian endeavors and to support equine rescue efforts.
Please join us October 12 – 21, 2017 at the Farm Show Complex in Harrisburg, PA for the 72nd Pennsylvania National Horse Show. Proceeds from the show benefit the Foundation. For more information on the show or to donate to the Foundation, please visit www.PAnational.org.