By: RandolphPR on
Jan. 27th, 2022
Harrisburg, PA - Following the success of the 2021 Pennsylvania National Horse Show, the Pennsylvania National Horse Show (PNHS) Foundation has announced the awarding of grant funding to 31 therapeutic riding and equine rescue programs.
Each year, proceeds from the PNHS, held in October in Harrisburg, PA, allow the PNHS Foundation to make grants available to equine non-profit organizations for charitable and educational purposes. Thanks to the support of generous sponsors and an expanded PNHS competition schedule for 2021, the funds available to the selected 501(c)(3) organizations grew significantly since they were last distributed in 2019.
In addition to providing support for therapeutic riding and equine rescue programs, the PNHS Foundation hosts the LifeVac Therapeutic Riding Championships each year during the Pennsylvania National Horse Show. Photo by Brittany Oliver Photography
“The PNHS Foundation is truly the heart of the horse show and why we do what we do,” said Susie Shirk, Executive Director of the PNHS. “To be able to award this year three times what we did following the 2019 horse show is wonderful and made possible thanks to everyone who supported the PNHS in 2021. With the success of the show, we look forward to giving back even more in future years.”
The newly announced 2021 grant recipients are as follows:
- A Broken Spur Riding Academy – Beaver, WV
- Beyond Wishes Therapeutic Riding Program – Hinton, WV
- Brooke USA – Lexington, KY
- Buffalo Therapeutic Riding Center – Buffalo, NY
- Capital Area Therapeutic Riding Assoc. – Grantville, PA
- Chesapeake Therapeutic Riding – Abingdon, MD
- Days End Farm Horse Rescue – Woodbine, MD
- Equine Assisted Living of South Florida – Coconut Creek,FL
- February Star Sanctuary – Knoxville, MD
- Hands on Therapeutic Riding Program – Port Matilda, PA
- HPF-Rescue-Rehab-Rehome – Brentwood, NH
- Hope Springs Equestrian Therapy – Chester Springs, PA
- Leg Up Farm – Mt. Wolf, PA
- Mane Stream Therapeutic Riding – Oldwick, NJ
- Manito Life Center – Allentown, PA
- Metropolitan Equestrian Team – New York, NY
- Omega Horse Rescue – Airville, PA
- Prairie Fire Farms Foundation, Inc. – Grantville, PA
- Progressive Equestrian Therapeutic Services, Inc. – Upper Marlboro MD
- Reins of Life – Landisburg, PA
- Reins of Rhythm – Shippensburg, PA
- Riding to the Top – Windham, ME
- Safe Haven Equine Rescue – Gilmer, TX
- Sebastian Riding Associates – Collegeville, PA
- Shady Hollow Assisted Riding – Birdsboro, PA
- Special Equestrians – Warrington, PA
- Storm Harbor Equestrian Center – Slippery Rock, PA
- The Children's TherAplay Foundation, Inc. – Carmel, IN
- The Random Canyon Riding Program – Selingsgrove, PA
- Thorncroft Horseback Riding, Inc. – Malvern, PA
- White Horse Community Center, Inc. – White Haven, PA
“[The PNHS Foundation’s] generosity is greatly appreciated,” said Jennifer Hitz, Chief Development Officer of Leg Up Farm. “In 2022, we hope to provide over 20,000 therapy appointments, and we continue to work hard every day to meet the demand from our community for quality, comprehensive, therapeutic programs and services. We could not provide these services without the support received from the PNHS Foundation and other generous friends and neighbors.”
Click here to watch and learn more about the PNHS Foundation and the LifeVac Therapeutic Riding Championships.
Applications for the 2022 PNHS Foundation grants will be made available in July.
In addition to providing grant funding, the PNHS Foundation also hosts the LifeVac Therapeutic Riding Championships each year on “Foundation Friday” during the horse show. All of the PNHS Foundation’s efforts would not be possible without sponsor support. To learn more about becoming a sponsor of the 2022 PNHS, to be held October 13-22, click here
. For more information on the PNHS visit www.panational.org
About the Pennsylvania National Horse Show Foundation
Founded in 1999, the Pennsylvania National Horse Show Foundation is a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt non-profit organization that provides support for therapeutic riding and equine rescue programs.
The Foundation makes grants exclusively for charitable and educational purposes to acquaint, teach, and train the public in therapeutic equestrian endeavors and to support equine rescue efforts.
In 2016, “Foundation Friday” was launched to highlight the Foundation’s charities and the PNHS Therapeutic Riding Championships. To learn more about the PNHS Foundation, click here, and to learn more about the LifeVac Therapeutic Riding Championships, click here.